Scootahoop Security Device

Talk about anything scooters.
Scootahoop
n00b
n00b
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982

Scootahoop Security Device

Post by Scootahoop » Wed May 04, 2016 9:53 pm

Hello Members

I have come to this forum to ask for your help.

I would like to introduce you to my new motor scooter security device, the Scootahoop.

This device was invented and designed after I became aware of the large amount of motor scooters that were being stolen around the world. I investigated current security measures/devices and found that none of them actually prevented motor scooters from being removed from their parking spot. Most, if not all could be disabled in varying ways so that the bike could be stolen.

The Scootahoop was designed to completely restrain the scooter and prevent it's removal. I know of no other device that can claim this degree of security.

I am not a multi national corporation with unlimited financial backing. I am an inventor/designer who has come up with a useful idea that will help motor scooter owners to prevent their bike from being stolen.

I have commenced a Kickstarter fundraising campaign to get the Scootahoop to mass production. Please have a look at the campaign for more information.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sc ... r-security

If you could help to get this product to the global market, please do. I believe it could be the answer to motor scooter theft worldwide. If nothing else, it will deter thieves from stealing your scooter. They will simply look for a bike that is not secured with this device. In other words, they will look for an easier target to steal.

Many thanks for allowing me to show you the Scootahoop. Hopefully we will see it on the market very soon.

Regards

Stuart Kirkham
Inventor of the Scootahoop.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (488.53 KiB) Viewed 2700 times
Last edited by Scootahoop on Wed May 04, 2016 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Johnniespeed
Throttle Master
Throttle Master
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982

Re: Scootahoop Security Device

Post by Johnniespeed » Wed May 04, 2016 9:55 pm

How much are they ? Who sells them ? What fastens it to the floor ?

No I wont give you start up money, try Shark Tank.
The Thrill of Speed overcomes the fear of death.
I have a Ninja powered Grom and a GSXR 1000.

Scootahoop
n00b
n00b

Post by Scootahoop » Wed May 04, 2016 10:49 pm

Johnniespeed wrote:How much are they ? Who sells them ? What fastens it to the floor ? .
Hello Johnnie

Prices are yet to be set although we are looking at a retail price of around $180 USD. The device is not on the market yet. Mass production has yet to commence.

Device is secured to the ground with theft proof fixings. Simple drill and hammer. See this video...

http://youtu.be/WcjTLFWRe3U

Thanks for the questions :)

tiny
Throttle Master
Throttle Master

Post by tiny » Thu May 05, 2016 3:08 am

Try selling the Idea to a major city that has a lot of scooter traffic. But I dont see that being sold to a person who lives in an apartment or condo as they would need permission from the city or condo board to install on sidewalk area.
KYMCO ZX50 & Super9, '13 KYMCO Movie 150

Johnniespeed
Throttle Master
Throttle Master

Post by Johnniespeed » Thu May 05, 2016 5:41 am

My dirt bikes are cable locked inside a locked garage, and I live in the country, only because dirt bikes are rarely recovered.
The scooters are only inside a locked garage, but with camera surveillance.
I could see a market for your product with city folks, since city scooters are stolen often, especially to apartment folks. Landlord approval may however be an issue.
The Thrill of Speed overcomes the fear of death.
I have a Ninja powered Grom and a GSXR 1000.

Scootahoop
n00b
n00b

Post by Scootahoop » Thu May 05, 2016 9:26 am

tiny wrote:Try selling the Idea to a major city that has a lot of scooter traffic. But I dont see that being sold to a person who lives in an apartment or condo as they would need permission from the city or condo board to install on sidewalk area.
Hello Tiny

County, town and municiple governments are very much our target market. We see a great need for dedicated secure motor scooter parking in these areas.

As the Scootahoop is so new and radical, it will take some time for property developers to incorporate the device into their developments. It really is a case of education. Show to people that such a device can be part of housing developments. Retro fitting may be a quick fix. Simply designate a small area within a apartment/condo complex to fit a few Scootahoops.

Like most new ideas, it will eventually catch on.
Last edited by Scootahoop on Thu May 05, 2016 9:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Scootahoop
n00b
n00b

Post by Scootahoop » Thu May 05, 2016 9:34 am

Johnniespeed wrote:My dirt bikes are cable locked inside a locked garage, and I live in the country, only because dirt bikes are rarely recovered.
The scooters are only inside a locked garage, but with camera surveillance.
I could see a market for your product with city folks, since city scooters are stolen often, especially to apartment folks. Landlord approval may however be an issue.
Johnniespeed

The idea behind the Scootahoop is to scare off 99% of thieves. To them, it is too much trouble to extradite the scooter from the device. They will look for other easier targets.

We are working on a double and triple hoop Scootahoop for maximum security. Made from strengthened steel with a 'hidden' padlock fitting. Thieves would need C4 to get to the bike.

Dan Durston
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Dan Durston » Thu May 05, 2016 10:48 pm

It looks like a good product. The main challenges seem to the price and users having to secure it. If someone rents then their landlord may be hesitant about granting permission, same goes for someone wanting to park at work.
Scooters Owned: 2003 Ruckus, 2006 Ruckus, 1983 Yamaha Beluga 80, 2007 Vespa LX 150, 2009 Yamaha BWS 125, 2008 Ruckus