2008 Verucci 49cc Spider

Vintage Vespa's & Lambretta's from the 40's to 80's
Post Reply
GJbean
n00b
n00b
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:13 pm
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982
Contact:

2008 Verucci 49cc Spider

Post by GJbean » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:19 pm

Hi folks, I am new here. This Italian girl wants an Italian moped. Didn't pick up an Aprilia fast enough, and I am bummed. :cry:

but, there is a 2008 Verucci Spider by me in good shape. Can I have everyone's thoughts good or bad?

Fester
Twist 'n Pro
Twist 'n Pro
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:25 pm
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982
Contact:

Re: 2008 Verucci 49cc Spider

Post by Fester » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:17 pm

I'm pretty sure Verucci is just an Italian sounding name on the same-old-same-old Chinese scooter - like Motofino.

I couldn't find any information on the Spider to even see what model Chinese it is, but they're pretty much all the same - which is to say, not that great.

Unless it's super cheap, I'd pass on it. If you want Italian, hold out for real Italian.

Chinese with an Italian name will leave you with a bad taste.

GJbean
n00b
n00b
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:13 pm
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982
Contact:

Re: 2008 Verucci 49cc Spider

Post by GJbean » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Fester wrote:I'm pretty sure Verucci is just an Italian sounding name on the same-old-same-old Chinese scooter - like Motofino.

I couldn't find any information on the Spider to even see what model Chinese it is, but they're pretty much all the same - which is to say, not that great.

Unless it's super cheap, I'd pass on it. If you want Italian, hold out for real Italian.

Chinese with an Italian name will leave you with a bad taste.

Agreed. I will keep looking for the Aprilia.

User avatar
GVH
Throttle Master
Throttle Master
Posts: 850
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:08 am
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Contact:

Re: 2008 Verucci 49cc Spider

Post by GVH » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:47 am

If you look at the new Vespa scooters engines they have made in China on them. It maybe to a higher standard but still made in China.
Image

Fester
Twist 'n Pro
Twist 'n Pro
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:25 pm
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982
Contact:

Re: 2008 Verucci 49cc Spider

Post by Fester » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:59 pm

GVH wrote:If you look at the new Vespa scooters engines they have made in China on them. It maybe to a higher standard but still made in China.
Yikes! I was not aware of that.

Not all Chinese are horrible though. A lot of them are. A lot of them only have the horrible reputation because their owners forego any maintenance.

User avatar
GVH
Throttle Master
Throttle Master
Posts: 850
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:08 am
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Contact:

Re: 2008 Verucci 49cc Spider

Post by GVH » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:55 pm

If you have a proper dealer to do warranty and keep up the tune ups it should be fine. The only ones I have heard of having problems had big bore kits and pipes with bad setups.
Image

User avatar
Dan Durston
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2719
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:07 am
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982
Location: Victoria, BC
Contact:

Re: 2008 Verucci 49cc Spider

Post by Dan Durston » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:58 pm

GVH, do you have any more info on the 'made in China' status of Vespa? Is it just the engines? Or just a few engines? Or the whole scooters? As I recall, my wife's 2007 Vespa was made in Italy, but perhaps the engine was from China.
Scooters Owned: 2003 Ruckus, 2006 Ruckus, 1983 Yamaha Beluga 80, 2007 Vespa LX 150, 2009 Yamaha BWS 125, 2008 Ruckus

User avatar
GVH
Throttle Master
Throttle Master
Posts: 850
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:08 am
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Contact:

Re: 2008 Verucci 49cc Spider

Post by GVH » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:15 am

I was researching the 50cc model for a possible purchase. A couple web sites had complaints on quality and mentioned the made in china label on the motor. When I asked the Toronto dealer the reply was they are made to a higher standard. I will see if I can find it again.

http://www.scooterunderground.ca/knowle ... s_made.htm
Image

User avatar
donny
Scooter Legend
Scooter Legend
Posts: 2538
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:08 pm
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1965
Location: hamilton, ont can.
Contact:

Re: 2008 Verucci 49cc Spider

Post by donny » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:16 pm

GVH wrote:I was researching the 50cc model for a possible purchase. A couple web sites had complaints on quality and mentioned the made in china label on the motor. When I asked the Toronto dealer the reply was they are made to a higher standard. I will see if I can find it again.

http://www.scooterunderground.ca/knowle ... s_made.htm
i am looking for a second scoot and want a 2 stroke super 9 if i can find one not tuned 2 death already used, your site on Taiwan says it all 4 kymco
presently enjoy riding a Ruckus and a Super 9. Tinkering with a Riva 180 and a couple of old Puch SV's. In the off season I enjoy a 1999 Polaris Indy 600 XLT Touring and a 2014 Artic Cat Prowler side by side

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest