It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:37 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:38 pm 
n00b
n00b

To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982
Hello Folks!
I have owed an elite 80 for the past 4 years and have put on about 2k miles with out much issue. This past fall however I began to run into some reliability problems. I was driving scooter one day and it just died on me, like it ran out of gas. There was plenty of gas, kept cranking but would not turn over. I walked it home and ordered an inline fuel filter, I cleaned the slide carb mechanism (not used to this style carb, different than my honda pit bikes), put everything back together and got it started with starting fluid and everything seemed good for about 15 mins of driving around. Then it died on me and wouldn't start again, like float needle was not working properly. Cleaned the jets again, put it back together and same symptom, after about 15 mins of driving it just dies like fuel system is clogged. Next I plan to drain the gas tank (fuel runs in to carb just fine so ??).
Any recommendation of possible issues to chase down??
Still troubleshooting things before I breakdown and buy a carb kit...as jets appear clear...not sure but symptoms point to floats malfunctioning after driving for a bit.
Thanks