It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:03 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: petcock rebuild kit ?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:19 pm 
n00b
n00b

To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982
hi everyone.

i am new to the forum and new to scootering.

i picked up a 2005 zuma 50 (which, according to the previous owner was upgraded to 90cc).

i have determined that the petcock is working intermittently, at best, and needs to be replaced. i was just wondering whether there are any rebuild kits out there for this. i know that a whole new unit can be bought online but when shipping and the exchange rate on canadian/american money is added in it gets a bit pricey. has anyone found a rebuild kit ? if not, is there a work-around involving splicing in a generic petcock ?

also, the carb. has 3 nipples on top ... 1 for the fuel line, 1 for the vacuum line to the petcock, and a third one in between the other 2 which has no hose attached to it. is it supposed to be empty like that ?

thanks in advance for any help.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:02 pm 
Throttle Master
Throttle Master

To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982
petcocks on scooter I dont think were meant to rebuilt. Replacement might be you best and only option.
http://49ccscoot.proboards.com/thread/3 ... el-petcock if you feel like trying your hand at coustomizing

https://www.ebay.com/sch/Motorcycle-Fue ... p=1&_pgn=1 or your best spot for a new one or 1 off of a wrecked scooter.

Good luck Mate

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:50 pm 
n00b
n00b

thanks very much for the reply.
looks like i will just look for a good buy on a complete tank, since i just realized that the fuel sender is not working properly either ... it reads empty even with almost half a tank of gas and i couldnt improve the accuracy at all by adjusting the float.
any input on the unoccupied third nipple on the carb ? seems strange that it would be just sitting open to unfiltered air like that, even if the orifice is rather small.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:21 pm 
Throttle Master
Throttle Master

Ive seen it on my '88 Jog but like you not a clue to what it went to

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:28 pm 
Throttle Master
Throttle Master

looking at three diagrams of the Zuma/BWs petcock and Im not sure you have the right one on there anyways. Every one I look at has only Two line attachments a Fuel Line and a Vacuum Line
http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oemparts ... /fuel-tank
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/H-YAMAHA-ZUMA-YW ... 1850534757

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:37 pm 
n00b
n00b

hi, tiny, and thanks for the help you have been giving me.
the 'extra' nipple that i mentioned is on the carb., not the petcock. the petcock has only 2 and is the correct one for sure.

this is unrelated but just minutes ago i got my package of parts from bike bandit (kickstart parts), so am kind of excited to be able to get that area squared away !