Scooter helmets - full face?

Chat about your old AE50 Hyper or Burgman 400 / 650.
Atis
Rim Kicker
Rim Kicker
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982

Re: Scooter helmets - full face?

Post by Atis » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:20 am

I have a Nolan N90 modular helmet in solid white. No self respecting "leather-clad petrol head" would wear a white helmet. The added benefit is that white offers a little more visibility and goes with any color scooter you may decide on in the future. On a side note I bought a modular helmet so I could slip it over my glasses if I didn't need that convenience I wouldn't get one they are a bit noisier.

Johnniespeed
Throttle Master
Throttle Master
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982

Post by Johnniespeed » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:36 pm

A friend Bruce Wolfert had a car pull out in front of him, he hit the car and did a serious slide, he lost his nose and part of his chin, he will be okay with many surgeries ahead, he made a request to all his riding friends to stop wearing open face helmets.
I bought a full face helmet within a few weeks and now only ride with a full face helmet.
I also bought gauntlet type gloves to protect my wrists, I wear a mesh armor type jacket and Kevlar riding jeans.
I probably ride a little faster than most guys and I take risks more than other guys, but I do wear my gear.
Each person has to make their own choices, do what you think is wise.
The Thrill of Speed overcomes the fear of death.
I have a Ninja powered Grom and a GSXR 1000.

S/W
n00b
n00b

Post by S/W » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:32 pm

A study in Europe showed that motorcyclists wearing a white helmet were 35% less likely to have an accident involving a car.

flybd5_juan
Step Thru Star
Step Thru Star

Post by flybd5_juan » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:16 am

More anonymous "studies"...
---
A black hole marks the spot <insert imaginary deity here> divided by zero.