The Gang of 9's

Everything to do with the increasingly popular and nice scooters coming out of Taiwan.
GVH
Throttle Master
Throttle Master
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982

Re: The Gang of 9's

Post by GVH »

Donny said his V sliders had deteriorated at the MBSR. This would allow to much play with the backing plate on the varaitor. It was 3 deep but evenly worn grooves.
GVH
Throttle Master
Throttle Master
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982

Post by GVH »

Any progress on this.
donny
Scooter Legend
Scooter Legend
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1965

Post by donny »

yeah a fresh battery would help but if you owned one of these 9's and it has been sitting long enough for the carb to dry out ,it takes a bit for them to fill up again to run, and does kill the battery to start. Then fine, they have a good charging system 8-) it's the headlight that sucks :roll:
presently enjoy riding a Ruckus and a Super 9. Tinkering with a Riva 180 and a couple of old Puch SV's. In the off season I enjoy a 1999 Polaris Indy 600 XLT Touring and a 2014 Artic Cat Prowler side by side
donny
Scooter Legend
Scooter Legend
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1965

Post by donny »

This year I put a tuned chambered pipe, re-jetted, drilled out the stock air box and as well as the black clutch springs it put in 2 years ago, and tuned it up. I cannot believe how fast it is now for a 49cc scooter, I have a shit eating grin every time I ride it :D I must weigh almost 250lbs with my helmet,jacket back pack etc and I cruise over 70-75km and can wind up to over 90+ on a good long flat out run! I find it funny now to have to hold it back to do the speed limit in the city(so used to flat out on the ruck and stock 9) and the city I live in has a upper and lower part and the access up are steep and have always been a challenge to go up and get to the speed limit especially from a dead stop at the base of mountain access. I now can get up to 60km now going up from a dead stop and over 70+km's with a run at it! I will only get about 2000 k I figure out of the new rollers,pretty heavy wear on the little scooter but I love it!. But I will put Dr Pulley sliders in next time, They are working really well in my little ruckus, gave it much better take off than the rollers, sold.

PS, Will update when I put in sliders and see how they wear in the 9, and please do ask about gas mileage now :lol: , there is none :twisted: , but it is only $5 bucks to fill, having a blast :geek:
presently enjoy riding a Ruckus and a Super 9. Tinkering with a Riva 180 and a couple of old Puch SV's. In the off season I enjoy a 1999 Polaris Indy 600 XLT Touring and a 2014 Artic Cat Prowler side by side
donny
Scooter Legend
Scooter Legend

Post by donny »

Maybe looking for another 9 for my son's friend that lent out his Elite I fixed up for him and it did not return drive able :roll: He thinking over what he wants this weekend as another scooter or small motor cycle, I am encouraging him to a good 50 and like the 9's, plus he is skinny so he will fly on it ;)
donny
Scooter Legend
Scooter Legend

Post by donny »

donny wrote:Maybe looking for another 9 for my son's friend that lent out his Elite I fixed up for him and it did not return drive able :roll: He thinking over what he wants this weekend as another scooter or small motor cycle, I am encouraging him to a good 50 and like the 9's, plus he is skinny so he will fly on it ;)
Well the kid got a 2009 CBR125 white and black, mint 5000k for $1400 Not my kinda ride anymore but cool for a young buck.