The Gang of 9's

Everything to do with the increasingly popular and nice scooters coming out of Taiwan.
donny
Scooter Legend
Scooter Legend
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1965

The Gang of 9's

Post by donny »

To funny the 3 of us all of a sudden have Kymco Super 9 liquid cooled Scooters! 8-) :twisted: we must get together and figure out our new toys and ride!
Greg has manual 2 bonus!
well mine runs fast but using a lot of fuel, like less than 100k per tank? need 2 hear what u guys get? have bought pipe but need info on jetting etc 2 install.
really looking forward to mad bastard with gang of 9;s i herd kymco big wigs from Taiwan are coming, we will impress them 8-) and pic's of us will rock 2 all together. lets not tell 2 last min of change of scoots 2 9's until closer 2 rally in case gas so bad i take ruck :roll:

ANYWAYS HAIL 2 "THE GROUP OF 9'S" a hole new adventure, lets tune them up boz
presently enjoy riding a Ruckus and a Super 9. Tinkering with a Riva 180 and a couple of old Puch SV's. In the off season I enjoy a 1999 Polaris Indy 600 XLT Touring and a 2014 Artic Cat Prowler side by side
donny
Scooter Legend
Scooter Legend
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1965

Re: The Gang of 9's

Post by donny »

well stuido got back 2 me and agrees no way my fuel should be so bad i need that manual boz
presently enjoy riding a Ruckus and a Super 9. Tinkering with a Riva 180 and a couple of old Puch SV's. In the off season I enjoy a 1999 Polaris Indy 600 XLT Touring and a 2014 Artic Cat Prowler side by side
Rons
Twist 'n Pro
Twist 'n Pro

Post by Rons »

yeah, looks like i just got through my first tank, and it only made it for 80 km's, always rippin it, but we should still be getting more.... :ugeek:
Rons
Twist 'n Pro
Twist 'n Pro

Post by Rons »

..maybe a proper tune up day will do us good.
Dan Durston
Site Admin
Site Admin
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982

Post by Dan Durston »

How big is the tank? I thought it was 7L?
Scooters Owned: 2003 Ruckus, 2006 Ruckus, 1983 Yamaha Beluga 80, 2007 Vespa LX 150, 2009 Yamaha BWS 125, 2008 Ruckus
donny
Scooter Legend
Scooter Legend

Post by donny »

DandyDan wrote:How big is the tank? I thought it was 7L?
not sure yet waiting 4 manual and things 2 be sent to me. so far about 5-6 bucks(1.25-30 pr litre) when gas gauge is showing empty? i wonder how accurate it is? do not know how 2 take apart yet, no time or book. soon
GVH
Throttle Master
Throttle Master
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982

Post by GVH »

According to my manual 6.8 liters. I took my super for a rip today. Only did about 50 km but the gas guage never moved. I was able to put the speedo past 80 kph on an easy down hill. I have to ring its neck to launch fast. It rips to 50 kph then struggles to 65 kph. Once past 65 it gets peppy again. It is abit switchy at 80 kph and above. Also very noisy compared top the Ruckus. If I launch it at less than full throttle is is slow to reach 50 kph. I'm not sure if the last owner jetted the carb after installing the unifilter setup and pipe.
donny
Scooter Legend
Scooter Legend

Post by donny »

Hey GVH could u post some pics(from manual) of how 2 strip down and tune up these 9's?
with warmer weather and my back holds out we should get the 3 of us together and figure the scoots out?-
i want 2 put the tuned pipe on and need help with carb adjustments etc..

oh and have guys been out at nite yet? i find my light useless on the back roads?
GVH
Throttle Master
Throttle Master

Post by GVH »

http://www.scribd.com/doc/18292347/Kymco-Super-9-50-EN

Read it online or download but you must be in face bookto download I think.
donny
Scooter Legend
Scooter Legend

Post by donny »

GVH wrote:http://www.scribd.com/doc/18292347/Kymco-Super-9-50-EN

Read it online or download but you must be in face book to download I think.
hey thanks 4 the down load

your 9 sounds like it is not set up rite maybe, charlie and I accelerate well up 75 plus out of the hole.no hesitation? have seen speedo rite past km mark on dial going down big hills. but fuel consumption bad
Dan Durston
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Dan Durston »

Nice find with the service manual. Once I get home from the arctic and have a real internet connection I will download that and ad it to the new Kymco section on the main website.

FWIW, I've added new pages on almost all of the Kymco scooters. Most of the pages just went live yesterday. The last couple pages will go live in the new few days.
Scooters Owned: 2003 Ruckus, 2006 Ruckus, 1983 Yamaha Beluga 80, 2007 Vespa LX 150, 2009 Yamaha BWS 125, 2008 Ruckus
GVH
Throttle Master
Throttle Master

Post by GVH »

Well I just filled the super9 up. It was just into the red. It only took 3.38 liters.
donny
Scooter Legend
Scooter Legend

Post by donny »

well i was telling gvh i changed the plug and did air filter and topped up rad, it was first time i took the bike apart 2 service, the engine is so small :lol: so tiny is the cylinder it's cute, but it all looks tight no leaks :) still had a hard time judging the fluid level in rad(hard 2 see) and u only have 2 take off top 2 screws 4 rad panel 2 open, save u that waste of time.
my air filter was 1/4 wet with blow by oil, maybe that had an effect on mileage? got fresh plug just need weather 2 get better and see how it runs now on long haul f 100 km or so :|
GVH
Throttle Master
Throttle Master

Post by GVH »

GVH wrote:Well I just filled the super9 up. It was just into the red. It only took 3.38 liters.
OK did 90 k from a fill up. Scooter was just into the red. It only took 3.35 L to fill it right up. So if the tank is 7 L I should have another 40-60 k till totally empty. I bought a 1.25 gallon jerry can that fits under the seat. I will drive the super to dry and see how far it goes.

Need to fix the flat spot but enjoying the speed.
GVH
Throttle Master
Throttle Master

Post by GVH »

Ok scooted to Studio Cycle today. Did a 100 k today. Still in the on the blue just out of the red. Spoke with the head guy that shows at the ralleys. He gets 300 k on his stock Super 9 Lc. 220 ish if he does full throttle all around town. He and the mechanic said 100-120 for a modded scooter used hard. Also my flat spot is normal for a pipe and intake mod. no solving it just moving it around.

all and all a fun day.