The Gang of 9's

Everything to do with the increasingly popular and nice scooters coming out of Taiwan.
donny
Scooter Legend
Scooter Legend
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1965

Re: The Gang of 9's

Post by donny »

hmmm far as i know my bike stock? why such poor km's? i am pretty big, i met mech and he is small, maybe thats it? waiting 4 some parts 2 come in, hope 2 make a diff b4 rally
presently enjoy riding a Ruckus and a Super 9. Tinkering with a Riva 180 and a couple of old Puch SV's. In the off season I enjoy a 1999 Polaris Indy 600 XLT Touring and a 2014 Artic Cat Prowler side by side
GVH
Throttle Master
Throttle Master
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982

Post by GVH »

Made my own rack for mounting the trunk. $35 in parts and 5 hours labour.

donny
Scooter Legend
Scooter Legend
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1965

Post by donny »

nice, now u have a lot of storage :)
presently enjoy riding a Ruckus and a Super 9. Tinkering with a Riva 180 and a couple of old Puch SV's. In the off season I enjoy a 1999 Polaris Indy 600 XLT Touring and a 2014 Artic Cat Prowler side by side
donny
Scooter Legend
Scooter Legend

Post by donny »

well i had a disappointing tranny tune up today :roll:
got hundred and 30 bucks worth of parts almost but 7.4 rollers so.
clutch springs 3 pac. red are strongest then blue then green from Mallosi, well
I could not put on red ones 2 strong! but was able 2 put on blue ones, they did help on down hill but not that much when tested, may get pro 2 try red springs.
now rollers, got 6.7 set and put in with new belt. it sucked, barley hit 70 on flat, up hill good thou(new belt?) so it looks like heavier rollers are 4 9;s?
anyways rally not far off and want something better out of this scooter, willorder stock weight size next, but i did see dr pullys 4 9 2 need input guys time is short
donny
Scooter Legend
Scooter Legend

Post by donny »

well put old rollers back in and got back 2 70-75k now can feel a diff in clutch when going down hill
now 2 get stock rollers 4 sure and maybe get my pipe on and jetting
Dan Durston
Site Admin
Site Admin
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982

Post by Dan Durston »

Geez the rally is getting close. Hopefully you can get it humming to complete all the objectives and take home the top prize 8-)
Scooters Owned: 2003 Ruckus, 2006 Ruckus, 1983 Yamaha Beluga 80, 2007 Vespa LX 150, 2009 Yamaha BWS 125, 2008 Ruckus
donny
Scooter Legend
Scooter Legend

Post by donny »

well put old rollers back in and went 4 quite a ride!hitting a strong 75k on flats going up 2 80+ on down hills and feeling 85-90 down fair hills. i feel the freewheeling of the clutch but only helps a bit with the mid range springs,most def must try red ones!. i figure i am doing good i am big rider 220 + gear, but charlie is flying at 175 on his , he berry speedo! on his stock? i can't get past 85-90 much? did a 110 k and showed real low on gas gauge but only took 4.3 liters 2 fill? so i have quite a bit left of my 7 liters ehh?
tonite i feel i now have power with a few more mods 2 go 2 my cottage fairly comfortable by gps back road now :D

gee i don't have the power it had the first few days but starting 2 figure it out and get it back!!

oh was out in pitch black shit 2nite, had adjusted headlight rite down, it helped but still need 2 get something better 4 those conditions, may try 2 replace standard bulb with stronger 1st if no good may add a light some how
GVH
Throttle Master
Throttle Master

Post by GVH »

I was looking at the headlight the other night. It is much brighter on the pass than on low or high. Not to sciency just had it in the shop facing the wall. When I pressed the pass on the switch it as much brighter and seemed higher on the wall than the highbeam light. I was thinking of a set of aftermarket driving lights but just not sure how to mount them or if they would thake to much power. Maybe LED lights.
donny
Scooter Legend
Scooter Legend

Post by donny »

GVH wrote:I was looking at the headlight the other night. It is much brighter on the pass than on low or high. Not to sciency just had it in the shop facing the wall. When I pressed the pass on the switch it as much brighter and seemed higher on the wall than the highbeam light. I was thinking of a set of aftermarket driving lights but just not sure how to mount them or if they would thake to much power. Maybe LED lights.
i was thinking of trying to use the mounts 4 that little deflector shield on handle bar and come out from under where it is mounted to bars. still have 2 look closer yet
donny
Scooter Legend
Scooter Legend

Post by donny »

ordered 8.5 rollers 2day, tried to get dr pulley but not available so went with leo vince 8.5
GVH
Throttle Master
Throttle Master

Post by GVH »

Put my order in for 8g and 9g rollers, Pully kit with 8g an a new belt.
donny
Scooter Legend
Scooter Legend

Post by donny »

good perfect timing 4 rally. love the new belt big time
GVH
Throttle Master
Throttle Master

Post by GVH »

donny wrote:good perfect timing 4 rally. love the new belt big time

I ordered from jiangwayne.com for good prices and I'm sure the web site said said UPS but they shipped Canadapost. So we wait and see if the strike screws me over. I would have asked for UPS or anything other than Canadapost. Not happy. I would support local shops but when the dealer can't or will not stock normal needed parts I go else were.
donny
Scooter Legend
Scooter Legend

Post by donny »

got my 8.5 rollers and a pair of cool carbon fiber (look) mirrors they are small and tinted, taken a bit to get used 2 but look great, will put new rollers and red springs in over weekend

do you know what jets are in your carb 4 the tuned pipe?
GVH
Throttle Master
Throttle Master

Post by GVH »

Sorry no idea.