The Gang of 9's

Everything to do with the increasingly popular and nice scooters coming out of Taiwan.
GVH
Throttle Master
Throttle Master
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982

Re: The Gang of 9's

Post by GVH »

OK box of parts arrived today. Installed the pully kit with the 8gr rollers and the new belt. After a few runs top speed went from 75 ish kph to 85 and over kph. VERY happy. My old rollers have turn to funky shaps.

I have a a new set of 8gr and 9 gr rollers still to use.
Dan Durston
Site Admin
Site Admin
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982

Post by Dan Durston »

Wow....that's great results. You're going to have a blast at the rally. You'll have loads of time for all the stops with that top speed.
Scooters Owned: 2003 Ruckus, 2006 Ruckus, 1983 Yamaha Beluga 80, 2007 Vespa LX 150, 2009 Yamaha BWS 125, 2008 Ruckus
GVH
Throttle Master
Throttle Master

Post by GVH »

My first few runs were very smooth. I did notice from cold strats a bit of hesitation or chugging. It seems to go away when warmed up a bit. I also noticed it doesn't scream to or past redline off the line anymore. It still pulls hard and may even have less of a flat spot now. I only have 25 k on the new setup and we will see how it goes. I think with the continues high speeds of the mbsr run it will chew up the new rollers.
donny
Scooter Legend
Scooter Legend
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1965

Post by donny »

sounds good i am about 10k slower without pipe but running strong 2 but hit great speed with a bit of down hill, i may need cdi to go faster
presently enjoy riding a Ruckus and a Super 9. Tinkering with a Riva 180 and a couple of old Puch SV's. In the off season I enjoy a 1999 Polaris Indy 600 XLT Touring and a 2014 Artic Cat Prowler side by side
donny
Scooter Legend
Scooter Legend
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1965

Post by donny »

well i am back from testing new rollers,8.5 and red clutch springs. very pleased , holding 75-77 strong, 80++ down hill now, it is high rpm now ,gee a cdi is scary? could use a after market variator 2, but oh well she good 2 go!
was way down i thought in red on gas , still only take 4.4l 2 fill. nuts u say it holds 7l? ehh
presently enjoy riding a Ruckus and a Super 9. Tinkering with a Riva 180 and a couple of old Puch SV's. In the off season I enjoy a 1999 Polaris Indy 600 XLT Touring and a 2014 Artic Cat Prowler side by side
Dan Durston
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Dan Durston »

If you have time and you're confident you have a good roller weight setup, you might want to invest in some higher end weights before the rally. Money doesn't always buy longer lasting weights, but some of the cheap ones really chew through.
Scooters Owned: 2003 Ruckus, 2006 Ruckus, 1983 Yamaha Beluga 80, 2007 Vespa LX 150, 2009 Yamaha BWS 125, 2008 Ruckus
donny
Scooter Legend
Scooter Legend

Post by donny »

oh yeah i bringing spares 4 sure at stock weight
wow put red springs in last week but had not gone down mountain until 2 nite holy first time i berry speedo way past km on cluster! what a diff from the blue one step down and yellow are stock, now need gps 2 know how fast really going :D

red springs 4 sure boys :idea:
GVH
Throttle Master
Throttle Master

Post by GVH »

My springs are yellow. I will order a clutch and red springs. I was looking at the thibault imports scooter book. They offer Carbon reeds and possibly a cage. $33.95

I'm trying to figure the headlight mount out. I have one 55w driving light that I want to mount. Also the GPS mount and power.
donny
Scooter Legend
Scooter Legend

Post by donny »

yeah power, i hooked up 2 12volt cigaret lighters in that bottom compartment in scooter, i was easy because battery is right below that storage box, 2 screws, figure i can run wires thru lid , it is not that tight
GVH
Throttle Master
Throttle Master

Post by GVH »

http://mooseutilities.com/products.jsp? ... oup_id=516

These are the lights I'm thinking of buying. They have them at royal distributing
donny
Scooter Legend
Scooter Legend

Post by donny »

GVH wrote:http://mooseutilities.com/products.jsp? ... oup_id=516

These are the lights I'm thinking of buying. They have them at royal distributing
wow those look nice, just to hook them up pretty and direct to ground so you can see

hey do you have the stock variator from your 9? if u do can u bring it ,i have a funny feeling about some parts in mine and would not mind a spare for pasts, thanks

i put a soft bag on my back carrier 4 rally to hold some extra shit, oh boy 3 sleeps till madness
GVH
Throttle Master
Throttle Master

Post by GVH »

I'm still not sure how to mount a light. I do have the stock Var. I will bring it. I will also bring all my spare Ruckus stuff.

I think my stipping or chugging when cold is from the new belt weights.
GVH
Throttle Master
Throttle Master

Post by GVH »

Well the light is mounted and wired up. I only mounted one of the lights as I was not sure if it would draw to much power. I also mounted and wired the GPS. The GPS is wired direct to the battery since I can turn it off. I wired the one light direct to the battery but have a on/off switch mounted on the plastic VIN cover.
Dan Durston
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Dan Durston »

Nice....that GPS is going to be super handy for the rally.
GVH
Throttle Master
Throttle Master

Post by GVH »

OK I ordered a new headlight bulb. They sell an H4 45/45 watt. I will be ordering a new clutch with red springs.

This is what I'm looking at. I seem to need a clutch but is it wurth the other 2 items. The clutch spring comes in 3 different RPM ratings. Any advice appreciated.

http://www.jiangwayne.com/scooter/p_i.php?i=230

http://www.jiangwayne.com/scooter/p_i.php?i=240

http://www.jiangwayne.com/scooter/p_i.php?i=234