Baotian Scooters Canada free Scooter Contest

Everything to do with the increasingly popular and nice scooters coming out of Taiwan.
GVH
Throttle Master
Throttle Master
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982

Baotian Scooters Canada free Scooter Contest

Post by GVH »

http://www.baotiancanada.com/index.htm

Contest to win a free scooter. The prices are a bit tempting. 2 year warranty but no idea on Chines quality, parts and dealer service.

Quadro 50cc 4 stroke $1299

Lotus 50cc 2 stroke $1499

Euro 150cc 4 stroke $2399
donny
Scooter Legend
Scooter Legend
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1965

Re: Baotian Scooters Canada free Scooter Contest

Post by donny »

yah i did a bit of reading on them, no#2 sales in UK last year
presently enjoy riding a Ruckus and a Super 9. Tinkering with a Riva 180 and a couple of old Puch SV's. In the off season I enjoy a 1999 Polaris Indy 600 XLT Touring and a 2014 Artic Cat Prowler side by side
mightbesane
Rim Kicker
Rim Kicker
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982

Post by mightbesane »

I'm a member of a Chinese scooter forum and these are very common scoots in the UK. Like any Chinese scoot, there is an element of the luck of the draw when it comes to build quality. But because they are such big sellers and based on the GY6, parts are easy to find - except for body panels - and the forums are full of advice.
2008 Chinese 150 In Hospital
1985 CH250

donny
Scooter Legend
Scooter Legend
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1965

Post by donny »

that is interesting that they got to #2 in sales by cheap repairing not reliability. they should should sell them in pairs ;)
presently enjoy riding a Ruckus and a Super 9. Tinkering with a Riva 180 and a couple of old Puch SV's. In the off season I enjoy a 1999 Polaris Indy 600 XLT Touring and a 2014 Artic Cat Prowler side by side
mightbesane
Rim Kicker
Rim Kicker

Post by mightbesane »

Chinese scoots are a trade off. My 150 cost 1500USD new. I put12,000 km on it averaging about 72 MPG. In that time, except for regular maintenance I only had two problems that kept me off the road - had to replace the cheap tire valves and the control switch blew - so we're talking less than 50USD in parts easily ordered over the internet. Now my clutch is blown and it took an oil seal with it. The entire clutch assembly cost 35USD and the seal a couple of dollars more. So all of the money I've spent on the scoot - including maintenance - doesn't equal half of what a Japanese or European scoot would have cost new.

The point is, if you are a teen in the UK with a bit of skill with a wrench and a thin wallet, a Chinese scoot is a pretty attractive alternative.
2008 Chinese 150 In Hospital
1985 CH250