Honda aero transmission bearings

Aero 50, Aero 80, Elite 50, Elite, Elite SR/LX, Elite 80, Gyro, Spree, Dio, Ruckus, Metro/Jazz and the 108cc Elite
Judest3r
Rim Kicker
Rim Kicker
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982

Honda aero transmission bearings

Post by Judest3r »

Was wondering if anyone can point me in the direction where I can buy the driveshaft bearings and final shaft bearing for a Honda aero 86 thanks?
flybd5_juan
Throttle Master
Throttle Master
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982

Re: Honda aero transmission bearings

Post by flybd5_juan »

Other than fleaBay, the most reliable place I know for Honda scooter parts is https://www.cmsnl.com/.
A black hole marks the spot <insert imaginary deity here> divided by zero.
Judest3r
Rim Kicker
Rim Kicker

Post by Judest3r »

Thanks man everywhere I look they were discontinued
flybd5_juan
Throttle Master
Throttle Master

Post by flybd5_juan »

Then look for parts for the Peugeot SV and SR series of scooters from the 1990's. The engine packs (including the drive) are licensed from Honda and are compatible.
A black hole marks the spot <insert imaginary deity here> divided by zero.
Johnniespeed
Throttle Master
Throttle Master

Post by Johnniespeed »

Most bearings will have a number on either the outer or inner race, that number can be used at most any bearing supply company in most any larger town. Sometimes the Honda parts catalog will also list the inside diameter, outside diameter and width, or you could just measure yours, with those dimensions a bearing supply company can once again help you. If all else fails you could buy a couple parts scooters and salvage the bearings.
There is no easy button to push, but this is not a difficult issue to overcome.
The Thrill of Speed overcomes the fear of death.
I have a Ninja powered Grom and a GSXR 1000.
Johnniespeed
Throttle Master
Throttle Master

Post by Johnniespeed »

The 6201, 6203 and 6204 bearings are all readily available from Honda ( as well as every bearing supply company).
Only the 6202 bearing was the only one that Honda doesn't provide anymore, however every bearing supply company has them readily available.
When it comes to bearings that are not marked, you just need to know the inside diameter, outside diameter and width, then most every bearing supply company can get what you need.
The Thrill of Speed overcomes the fear of death.
I have a Ninja powered Grom and a GSXR 1000.