Spare scoot

Aero 125, Elite 125, Elite 150, SH150i, Elite 250, Helix, Big Ruckus, Reflex, Silverwing and PCX 125 / 150, Forza
21modelt
Rim Kicker
Rim Kicker
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982

Spare scoot

Post by 21modelt »

So I found a 86 Honda elite 150 for sale. 250.00, I thought maybe for a couple of spare parts and dump the rest. It's kind of a basket case that's been sitting for several years so dont know if that's a good price. Any ideas?
flybd5_juan
Throttle Master
Throttle Master
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982

Re: Spare scoot

Post by flybd5_juan »

I paid $125 originally for my Honda Lead 125, same year. Some perspective. $250 for a parts bike doesn't seem a good price.
A black hole marks the spot <insert imaginary deity here> divided by zero.
21modelt
Rim Kicker
Rim Kicker

Post by 21modelt »

Maybe I'll call and see what his lowest price is. Thanks
Johnniespeed
Throttle Master
Throttle Master

Post by Johnniespeed »

If it runs and drives, I would say the price is good, but as a basket case, way , way too much.

I just bought a basket case Elite CH250 for $ 50.00 , I think the price was correct.

I would never call and try to make deal, show up at his house with your truck and with a pocket full of cash, do not make an offer unless you hold the cash up in front of the seller.
The Thrill of Speed overcomes the fear of death.
I have a Ninja powered Grom and a GSXR 1000.
flybd5_juan
Throttle Master
Throttle Master

Post by flybd5_juan »

Johnniespeed wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:41 am If it runs and drives, I would say the price is good, but as a basket case, way , way too much.

I just bought a basket case Elite CH250 for $ 50.00 , I think the price was correct.

I would never call and try to make deal, show up at his house with your truck and with a pocket full of cash, do not make an offer unless you hold the cash up in front of the seller.
What he said.
21modelt
Rim Kicker
Rim Kicker

Post by 21modelt »

So here's an update. I picked up the scoot for 100.00 , I now have it running and I've exchanged a few pieces with my good one and almost have it put together. Hopefully I can get rid of it soon and might even make a couple of bucks.
flybd5_juan
Throttle Master
Throttle Master

Post by flybd5_juan »

Nice. Congrats.
MarkS
Rim Kicker
Rim Kicker

Post by MarkS »

Hey modelt:
Do you have any parts you are selling off the CH250 donor scoot? I could use a muffler, carb, starter, seat. regulator, and anything else in working order. Trying to keep my 1986 model going. Thanks. MarkS
MarkS
Rim Kicker
Rim Kicker

Post by MarkS »

Sorry. I should have directed this post to Johnniespeed. I have a 86 CH250 that needs some TLC and parts to keep running. Thanks guys.
Johnniespeed
Throttle Master
Throttle Master

Post by Johnniespeed »

MarkS
Drive your truck to Michigan, bring a pocket full of cash, make a respectable offer and we will place the 85 CH250 in the back of your truck.
I have no interest in parting it out, but would sell it whole.
John
MarkS
Rim Kicker
Rim Kicker

Post by MarkS »

Thanks for the offer Johnniespeed. Unfortunately, work and other responsibilities will keep me at home for several months. I can't get away until July or August. SO I may look you up then. :)
MarkS
Rim Kicker
Rim Kicker

Post by MarkS »

Forgot to mention I am in Washington state. So a 2-3 day drive away.
Johnniespeed
Throttle Master
Throttle Master

Post by Johnniespeed »

With a labor cost of six days of driving plus fuel costs, it would probably be cheaper to just purchase a local scooter in perfect condition.
I know I certainly would not drive more than an hour for a parts bike, but I do intend on purchasing as many of the CH250 parts bikes, locally, as long as their price is cheap, if I have two or three parts bikes, I should be able to make a good one.
After owning the CH150 and CH 250, I know I would never consider owning a scooter with a small engine ever again.
MarkS
Rim Kicker
Rim Kicker

Post by MarkS »

Yes, good advice. I am just trying to keep my 250 running and in good condition. The local motorsports shop has some parts or can order them. I got an exhaust gasket from them in stock because Honda uses the same part (but a new part#) on their newer bikes. Back in the day, I think Honda made the largest displacement scooter at 250cc. I will keep looking locally for a donor bike. :)