The dreaded NH125 Bystarter/Carb

Aero 125, Elite 125, Elite 150, SH150i, Elite 250, Helix, Big Ruckus, Reflex, Silverwing and PCX 125 / 150, Forza
JVDS
n00b
n00b
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982

The dreaded NH125 Bystarter/Carb

Post by JVDS »

I managed to grab a pretty minty Aero 125 off the local Craigslist. The thing runs fine but starts hard. I cleaned the carb out good and proper and checked the bystarter and sure as shit I get about 5 ohms resistance and putting it on a 12v battery warms the body but gives me VERY limited travel out of the needle. As well as, one off the little ears that grabs the needle was broken off so somebody has been inside there before once already. What I am after here is if anyone has any information regarding this post from 2017. The guy had found a good fitting carb from the ol ebay that seemed to work well for him and he provided a link and a part number. Neither of which seem to exist anymore. So if anyone has any information on the matter it would be appreciated.
Johnniespeed
Throttle Master
Throttle Master
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982

Re: The dreaded NH125 Bystarter/Carb

Post by Johnniespeed »

Just do a search for " Mikuni conversion for NH 125 "
I did that many years ago.
https://www.motorscooterguide.net/Forum ... +for+nh125
The Thrill of Speed overcomes the fear of death.
I have a Ninja powered Grom and a GSXR 1000.