Flying Fighter Alarm YIKES!

Everything to do with the increasingly popular and nice scooters coming out of Taiwan.
tahoeking
Rim Kicker
Rim Kicker
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982

Flying Fighter Alarm YIKES!

Post by tahoeking »

Hey folks.... I purchased a 150cc Chinese scooter as a project. I have the thing running fairly well. Now I'm taking off more body parts so as to clean up and paint as needed. When I pulled the front cowl off I noticed a black box dangling from the wiring harness. The label on the box says "Little Flying Fighter". I'm assuming it's some sort of alarm. Anyway... The previous owner has removed the inline fuse and unplugged the siren. I unplugged the entire system from looks to be an original factory socket for it. The cycle starts just fine without the box hooked up. However the motor will not cutoff with the alarm unplugged. Neither the key switch or the kill switch will cut it off. I had to plug it back in to get the kill switch to work. Can someone clue me in as to what's going on and better yet how to work around the box so as to remove it.