Piaggo Typhoon 2003 - Not starting

Modern Scoots from Vespa, Lambretta, Piaggio, Aprilia and Derbi
Apachelogs
n00b
n00b
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982

Piaggo Typhoon 2003 - Not starting

Post by Apachelogs »

Hello people,

I wish to seek advice on what to do next to be able to find what the problem is and i appreciate every answer!

The scooter did not start up after i cleaned the carburetor.

The kick is not bouncing up after i kickstart it, stays down instead of going up after kickstarting it.

I've done the following.
-Took the carb apart and cleaned it with gasoline and used compressed air.
-Made sure that the carb is getting fuel by removing the sportfilter and holding my hand over to make sure i got gas over my hand while kickstarting.
-Made sure the fuel hose and vacuum hose is tightly fitted, also cleaned these out.
-Replaced the gasket in the floatbowl
-Adjusting the idle mixture screw and air to the default settings, but also trying alot of other settings.

It started twice out of maybe 50 times i tried kickstarting it with choke on.
But was not able to adjust the idle speed since it died within 5 seconds.

I did find a small leak in the exhaust gasket (One side of the gasket is cracked and there is a small hole) so you can see that the spacing is a bit off. (Not sure if this affects starting it?)

Any ideas on what i should test?
RudyGT
Rim Kicker
Rim Kicker
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982

Re: Piaggo Typhoon 2003 - Not starting

Post by RudyGT »

Have you checked the spark plug? I'll ask my buddy who got a Typhoon later after I finished installing the shocks from 4Wheelonline onto the ATV. I think he used an easy start spray the first he worked on it.